50 things to do when sheltering in place
Right now, we may be feeling anything but normal as we shelter in place to keep ourselves, loved ones and strangers safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. To help cope with the stress of the unknown and fill all of the newfound hours of free time with things other than anxiety, we’ve compiled a list of things to do while quarantined. It’s important to note that this time of extreme global uncertainty doesn’t have to yield any fruits other than maintaining your mental health, but should you find yourself itching for something to do, take a look at this list:newfound hours of free time with things other than anxiety, we’ve compiled a list of things to do while quarantined.
Let's get started?
- Visit some of your favorite animals via livestream at the San Diego Zoo or Monterey Aquarium
- Take a virtual tour of the Louvre
- Take a virtual tour of Yosemite
- Rent an e-book
- Learn a new skill like coding or knitting, Youtube is a great place to start!
- Learn yoga, there are tons of free classes on Youtube for all stages of practice
- Do an online zoomba class
- Write and mail letters to your friends and family
- Leave chalk drawings for your neighbors and friends
- Learn to draw beloved cartoon characters
- Make sock puppets and put on a show
- Make a to-do list of projects and chores you’ve been meaning to do but keep putting off
- Host an elegant family dinner with white table cloths and candles. Take turns being the maitre d.
- Learn to juggle
- Clean dirty windows
- Research a dream vacation
- Paint a room
- Make a scrapbook with loose photos
- Make a list of movies you’ve always wanted to see and check them off
- Download a free coloring book
- Create a virtual book club
- Call your loved ones
- Make a gratitude list
- Make a list of the things that make you happy
“A pandemic doesn’t need to be a transformative time where you suddenly check everything off of your bucket list. Do what feels right for you, sleeping can be equally as productive as organizing your spice rack. Some days will be better than others”
Shall we continue?
- Plant seeds or garden
- If you don’t have access, plan a garden
- Learn a foreign language
- Make a list of recipes and try a new one every night
- Complete your 2020 census form
- Donate new and unused face masks if you have them
- Support local, small businesses by purchasing gift cards or ordering merchandise online
- Learn how you can help. Research food banks, hospitals, schools, and organizations who are accepting donations and assistance
- Write a poem
- Complete or make your own puzzle
- Start a journal or blog
- Organize your tupperware
- Watch all of the movies that won Best Picture at the Oscars
- Make a self portrait
- Dye your hair a new color- no one will see it so experiment!
- Manage your finances
- Organize the spice rack
- Memorize the periodic table – you never know!
- Learn to write with your non-dominant hand
- Have a board game olympics
- Write a short story or novel
- Write a play and cast your family
- Become an online zoom babysitter and supervise kids remotely.
- Write open letters to a senior center asking for a pen pal
A pandemic doesn’t need to be a transformative time where you suddenly check everything off of your bucket list. Do what feels right for you, sleeping can be equally as productive as organizing your spice rack. Some days will be better than others, and if you need a distraction, tackle this list of 50 things to do while quarantined. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and need someone to talk to, or interested in becoming a nanny reach out to us!